Friday, September 25, 2020

Dawn on Mount Hope

Dawn on Mount Hope

As I drove down a nicely packed, crushed limestone gravel road it’s tiny fossil packed pebbles made comforting music as I randomly turned off course. Having chosen to simply follow my instincts on when to have some creative play I found myself on N Irish Road. The view to the far ridges on the other side of the Wisconsin River valley was the background to a small barn with around a dozen cattle (see it on my site in highres) The foreground was covered in crops.

The early morning light emphasized the fertility of this labyrinth-like land. The northern slopes all descend quickly into the basin below. The bruised dawn sky is split in two as a first wave of particles wash high over the land. The west coast wildfire smoke was just beginning to reach this particular part of western Wisconsin.

This is also the very first place that I felt it was the “right moment” to get my dSLR out and be creative. I wanted to capture the amazing landscape I was passing through. This crazy moment in my life. I’ve learned to trust the process. You can’t force these things. I had to pace myself.

The stop was brief and by total coincidence was in Mount Hope, Wisconsin. Perfect because I was full of HOPE as I took this photo. I hoped going to pick up a fragile, total stranger and her cat wasn’t total madness. I was getting close to the Mississippi River. I had to go get Peggy. And I really HOPED this all went well.

*This is a very detailed photo that will not translate well on most social media. It will be on my site via the homepage on my profile. Just look for the Gotta Get Peggy! Gallery.*

#GottaGetPeggy #OIIIIIIIO #JourneyToTheWest

No comments:

Post a Comment