Saturday, September 26, 2020

Apalāla

Apalāla

This is not a jeep ad. I just am really into Jeeps. I’m a Butler, PA native. It’s the very birthplace of this vehicle design. It’s what my grandpa drove from Tunisia to Germany during “The War.” He was a driver for the forward artillery observers as they’d rotate out of service. Or die. It’s a “Jeep Thing” as they say.

This is my fourth. Each has been more of an extension of my imagination when it comes to how I enjoy myself. I’ve used them to explore, camp, fly fish, romance, family fun and these days as a photography platform. I have done the majority of the “mods” myself. Each and everyone piece was carefully chosen and researched and bought at discounted prices. This vehicle was literally a gift from Santa. And by that I mean for real as it was an amazing stroke of good fortune that found this in my driveway on Christmas week. Totally by coincidence too, but that’s a different story.

I digress. Just to answer what everyone usually asks. The Sanskrit writing on the hood says, “Apalala.” It’s the name of a legendary river dragon from Buddhist mythology. Why so is also a story for another day, as are the “why so’s?” to the rest. They are boar and ravens and little stuff just for fun.

I once heard someone say Jeeps were for people with no personalities. OK.

All I know is I was going to finally wear out my stock tires! It was time to earn some new shoes going to get Peggy and bring her home. Whoever the heck may be.

#GottaGetPeggy #OIIIIIIIO #JourneyToTheWest #Apalāla

No comments:

Post a Comment