Friday, September 25, 2020

A Damsel in Distress

A Damsel in Distress

All right. I guess I should tell you who Peggy is? I hadn’t really heard about Peggy until a couple of weeks ago. It was September 15th, 2020 when I got word of her plight. Fires raged out of control in the wilds on the western coast of the continent. The air had become the most toxic on the planet. Peggy was eighty five, living with no direct personal family relations able to assist.

I was informed that coughing would kill her. That she had a cat. A room full of stuff in a senior living facility, and hadn’t been seen in person for over fifty years by my wife’s family. Also, she was so high risk of death due to her condition she was prohibited by her Doctor to use any form of public transportation and given papers for a medical evacuation. Nobody knew anything else about her.

In other words, I had no clue what waited for me on the other end of this trip. All I knew is that I had to go get Peggy and bring her home.

#GottaGetPeggy #OIIIIIIIO #JourneyToTheWest

No comments:

Post a Comment