Wednesday, April 4, 2018

The Negative Spaces

The Negative Spaces

Any early April blizzard begins to roll in.For me it's a chance to see how the Oaks have arraigned themselves on the hill. The freshly fallen snow merges with the sky. I see a pattern of black, grays and whites. In the negative spaces I can visualize the curving lines of the hill. With in a year or so I should know where/when the sun rises and sets. It feels like when I used to do preliminary sketches before working on projects. After my second day of training there I can see I'll be learning a lot. It just so happens that the other new guy that I'm training with is a professional Arborist. I can't wait to learn more about the native tree species. As we checked the grounds yesterday one last time he began to explain a little about the different types of oaks.

#caveofthemounds #jewelbox #nationalnaturallandmark #usdepartmentoftheinterior #nationalparkservice #nps #usdi #nnl #usinterior #NationalPark #outdoorlife #getoutside #liveoutdoors #getoutthere #naturelover #prairie #prairieland #oak #oaksavanna #findyourpark #travelwi #wisconsin #wisconsintrails #wisconsinparks #driftlessregion #driftless #driftlessarea #wisconsinlife #discoverwisconsin #travelwisconsin

No comments:

Post a Comment