Tuesday, March 27, 2018

A Living Diorama

A Living Diorama

10 years, 3 months, 27 days later and I am officially back in the exhibits game. Monday I report in at 9AM to get my Cave of Mounds staff shirt. I just bought blue outdoor pants on my way home from my first meeting with them a few hours ago. On Tuesday of last week I heard about an opportunity there. After careful thought I then presented my portfolio and an idea to the staff. It worked. I'm hired! It's a new beginning for me. I am so thrilled to be working with passionate folks who are obviously so invested in preserving and presenting a National Landmark! I have this giant, LIVING diorama to get to know and work on. On top is an ancient Oak Savannah to save. Underneath is a cavern whose depths I've only seen from the tourists' perspective. I am going to bet that I won't sleep tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment