Thursday, June 8, 2017

Life Unfolds As it Will

Life Unfolds As it Will

Today life itself is giving me a lesson in patience. Last week I pushed my physical ability beyond my capacity a bit too much. Last Monday I ran through many different techniques that are required to pass the Blue Belt test in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu @riseupmartialartsacademywi. It was AWESOME and totally unexpected. I'd actually wanted to do something like that as it's been around 6 months since I did my own belt test. I'd partnered with a guy about my size who is getting ready to test for his Blue in a few weeks. We had so much fun running through it. I believe we did around 200 or more maneuvers in 60 minutes! At the time I felt GREAT! I also knew where many of the mistakes were in various techniques but was really pleased I recalled as many as I did. Unfortunately my upper arm didn't agree. Being stubborn, later that week I unloaded and stored over 820 pounds of scaffolding by myself. That too worked my right, upper arm. Then I did a three day photo expedition, that actually spilled over for five and into today, making six days in a row. My gear is very, very heavy so the constant manipulation of my camera really pushed my injury. This morning I had a session scheduled for physical therapy, followed by two photo sessions. When I went to leave I found my Jeep battery dead. My wife is in La Crosse, so I guess this means I'll HAVE to rest my arm. So it's a day of ice, an arm sling, and ibuprofen.

#dharma #buddhist #buddhism #learningthedharma #meditation #puja #soulsearching #training #findingmyself #monastery #meditation #holyplace #holy #peace #namaste #buddha #driftlessregion #driftlessarea #wisconsin #wisconsinlife #discoverwisconsin #thedriftless #driftlessart #wisconsinphotographer #martialartslife #bjj #brazilianjiujitsu #jiujitsulifestyle #jiujitsu

No comments:

Post a Comment