Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Skiing with Goats

January 6, 2013

Sunday morning I had a chance to go snowshoeing with a friend we've made in town. Doug Norgord was our neighbor at the apartment we rented when we first came to Mount Horeb. He happens to also be a map maker, and anyone who knows me, knows how much I love maps!

We decided to check out the Black Hawk Unit of the Lower Wisconsin State Riverway. There we found some great trails to hike, and we met a few really interesting people. He was also able to make a cool map of our hike, including a little side track we took that deadened. (BTW: The photo of Doug checking his mapping gear was taken when I fell over backwards when I tried to sit on a downed tree.)


View Larger Map

As I mentioned, not only did we find great hiking terrain, we also met interesting people. The most interesting folks were the two pleasant sisters skiing with goats. When I first saw them at a distance I thought, "those are odd looking dogs." I only wish Freja had been with me! She'd have loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment