Friday, September 25, 2020

Lunation 1209

Lunation 1209

I passed the Blue Mounds a few minutes after leaving home at 6am. Uncertainty and determination made for an interesting combination. I’m not alone in feeling that way these days. The growing chaos of 2020 as families, friends and neighbors is being torn about by zealots of every stripe and color, all against the backdrop of a pandemic that’s taken nearly a quarter of a million souls.

I drew strength from the Mounds as I rolled past. It’s a place tied to my very soul having been a battleground for my struggle with alcoholism. I spent over a year burying myself in labor on and under the land. The total darkness of the caves is where I began to drag the monster within into the light of the dawn. To face the pain caused when anger slips. But especially when I have a severe relapse with drinking and I vent my anger on the people I am supposed to nurture.

The ever recurring role of my internal rage over unresolved frustrations I have with my own self, and how it affects my child and family weigh heavy on my mind as I set out. I’ve three days to cross 2000 miles in my Wrangler. I am not the hero of this story. This is not a Jeep ad.

All I knew is that I had to go pick up Peggy and bring her home. So began my personal Journey to the West.

#GottaGetPeggy #OIIIIIIIO #JourneyToTheWest

No comments:

Post a Comment