Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Hand in My Chest



Coming back to an empty house was a lot harder than I thought. All I can see are "ghosts" of the past. For the first couple of days I had trouble sleeping, and just walking around the place makes me feel as if there's a hand in my chest, squeezing. It's as if I've lost them, even though I know there in Mount Horeb, and I'll see them again. It all happened to fast! From the time I met Teri until now has been a blur. It's hard to work on the house.



I took a short drive just to get out of the house. I made the mistake of going to Mount Odin Park, where I took this photo. It was a mistake to go there. This was the park that Freja and I went to the most. On the way back from grocery shopping we'd often play here before going home. I've not felt this sense of melancholy in many, many years. All I could do is reminisce.

She loves to play hide and seek, especially at the playground on Mount Odin. She’s more personality than most adults I know. What a hambone…

I have to snap out of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment